About Brad on film:
- Law Office of Bradley Houston, Austin, Texas, January2009 to present
Practice includes personal injury and appellate law, with an emphasis on bicycling and trucking cases.
- Bradley L. Houston, P.C., Austin, Texas, January 1999 to December 2008
Practice included personal injury and civil rights violations trial and appellate law.
- Dunagan-Weichert-Houston, Austin, Texas, January 1996 to December 1998
Partner in charge of litigation.
- University of Texas at Austin, School of Law, Austin, Texas, Spring 1995
Guest Lecturer in Trial Advocacy.
- Travis County Attorney’s Office – Civil Division, Austin, Texas, November 1994 to January 1996
Assistant County Attorney. Practice included personal injury defense and plaintiff’s personal injury subrogation.
- Travis County District Attorney’s Office – Trial Division and Grand Jury Division, Austin, Texas, January 1993 to November 1994
Assistant District Attorney. Practice included felony jury trials, Grand Jury presentations, and civil forfeiture actions.
- Gray, Cary, Ames & Frye (now DLA Piper), San Diego, California, October 1990 to January 1993
Associate. Practice included personal injury defense and commercial litigation.
- City Attorney’s Office, San Diego, California, January 1990 to April 1990
Intern. Obtained student bar card and prosecuted traffic violations.
- Former Petroleum Land Manager and Real Estate Broker, January 1982 to August 1987
- Tried over 50 trials, 30 or more of which were before a jury.
- Successfully defended trial court decisions at the Federal Court of Appeals and State Court of Appeals.
- Successfully briefed and argued case before the Texas Supreme Court: Texas A&M University-Kingsville, et. al. v. Lawson, 87 S.W. 3d 518 (Tex. 2002).
- Admitted to Texas Bar, 1992.
- Admitted to California Bar, 1990.
- Supreme Court of California, 1990.
- Supreme Court of Texas, 1992.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California, 1990.
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, 1991.
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, 1995.
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1990.
- University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Business Administration, 1981.Item #3
- The Honorable Andrew Austin, Federal Magistrate, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
- The Honorable Jon Wisser, State District Judge, retired, Travis County, Texas.
- The Honorable Mike Lynch, State District Judge, Travis County, Texas.
- The Honorable Ronnie Earle, District Attorney, retired, Travis County, Texas.
- Elementary Sunday school teacher for Covenant and Westlake Hills Presbyterian Churches, 1994 to the present.
- Annual supporter of Salvation Army of Austin. Annual supporter of Meals On Wheels And More of Austin.
- Founder of VOP Foundation.
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation.
- Life Fellow, Austin Bar Foundation.
- Founder and of Gruppo VOP training association.
- Sponsor of the UT Cycling Team, Austin Nationals, ATC Womens Racing Team, Violet Crown, Brain & Spine, Super Squadra, Westlake Mountain Bike Team, The Webberville Cyclocross Race, and The Driveway Criterium Series.